Welcome to the Career Center!
OHS Senior Portfolio Requirements
OHS Senior Portfolio Requirementstitle
- Activities Record -see below for more information due 10/14/22
- Resume, due 12/02/22
- Resume Cover Letter, due 1/27/23
- Employment Application, due 02/24/23
- One Reference Letter - See below for more information, due 03/31/23
- Virtual Envelope (learning how to address an envelope), due 03/31/23
- Community Service hours (25 hours), due 04/14/23
- Action Plan A & B, due 05/05/23
- Mock Interview, these will be done throughout the year all due 05/02/23
THE FOLLOWING ARE EXAMPLES OF THE PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS
Reference Letters - The students are required to have one reference letter in their portfolio.; The letter can come from a teacher, coach, boss, someone they have done community service for, mentor from a program they are involved in, long-time family friend, etc. (no letters from parents or peers). Students should request letters at least 3-5 weeks prior to the due date to allow the person enough time to write the letter.
The Activities Record will help outline student accomplishments while at OHS to assist when applying for scholarships and/or college. Some teachers also request this form when asked to do a reference letter. The following is a version of the Activities Record that can be typed:
- Click on this scholarship link and view the latest scholarship bulletin information.
OHS Senior Community Connection
OHS Senior Community Connectiontitle
All Seniors are required to complete 25 hours of Community Service. Throughout the year students can come into the Career Center to sign up for different events. I have attached a copy of the approved organizations throughout the year. A signed timecard must be filled out and turned in so that I can document the hours. This is a very important part of their Senior Portfolio, as it is a part of their "walking" requirement for graduation.